Count your blessings - April 2020
- The first warm weekend with a first BBQ meal outside
- Summer weather...true summer temperatures and naked children in the garden spraying some water (and let's ignore the fact that it's already way to dry again...scary thought).
- Whistling blackbirds in the top of the trees
- Not messing up too much my own cutting of my bangs (and the relief of not having hair in my eyes anymore) and the long hairs in front of the children's ears.
- Having a very decent coffee machine at home that even sets latté macchiato
- A tiny child washing your hair in the the bath tub and massaging you with the little hands.
- Webshops...so practical at these times although I don't like it for clothes and shoes etc. I'll appreciate the brick stores even more when this is over!
- E-appetizers with some friends now and then
- The smell of children fresh out of bath
- An hour of good rainfall after 7 dry weeks
- Digital communication (gosh imagine Corona 20 years ago!?)
- A week with an average sleep above 8h and a heart beat in rest dropping regularly to 60-61. Seems like my body has never been so relax in about 2 years.
- Jan taking the children on a walk or other activity and getting undisturbed working time at home.
- The instagram account: tussenkunstenquarantaine.... wow, brilliant, fun creative people. Great smiles
- Watching the 2 little boys play together so nicely and feeling very blessed
- Having the privilege to participate and observe Kabouter's learning process from the first seat now.
- Discovering new music
- More and more restaurants in Leuven reopening their doors (for take-out or delivery)
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link