We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Lily was here - Candy Dulfer and David A Stewart

 

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 


Our musical pingpong ended on Tuesday with INXS - Never tear us apart.  What a classic. Awesome.  It was the first time I watched the video and I was intrigued right away but the surroundings.  While I was googling "location INXS never tear us apart" I got Prague and right at that moment the famous Karlsbrucke in Prague showed up.  Oooh how great, what an awesome city. I really must return there, it's been 20 years I think that I visited the city.  For the rest of the movie I was treasuring memories of this citytrip.

Which led to wondering if there are songs featuring great cities? Immediately Ultravox - Vienna popped up in my mind. Another such great classic.  I think my choice was made.

But out of curiosity I wondered a bit more: 

  • Billy Joel - Vienna
  • Ultravox - Vienna
  • Ariane Grande - Vienna
  • George Ezra - Budapest
  • Joy Division - Warsaw
  • Beirut - Nantes


When he sings that we could fly I tought of Marco Z - I'm a bird 


And then I saw the saxophone player doing his solo at the Jewish Cemetary in Prague and I thought of other Saxophone solo's. 

  • Careless whisper - George Micael
  • Smooth operator - Sade
  • Baker Street - Garry Rafferty

But there is one that rules all of them :


Lilly was here - Candy Dulfer and David A Stewart


Comments

Anne said…
Mooi nummer, Lily Was Here. En ik vind Dave Stewart een lekkere vent. Allez de Dave Stewart van toen.
Ik dacht dat de link Tiger Lily was, de dochter van Michael Hutchence. Het was iets minder vergezocht dus :-)

Popular Posts