A plog of our last weekend

After profitting to the fullest all our free time in the last month in the Ardennes and enjoying the snow, we were disappointed this weekend to realise that the snow would have been melted away. All the magic gone.  For some reason I couldn't get motivated to drive to a green wet landscape if I had the same in Leuven.  And so we stayed at home, also because Kabouter had a child party to attend. 

So here's some pictures of our weekend: 


Saturday:  

There is rain predicted in the afternoon so I am motivated to get a walk and fresh air in the morning. We hunt for pokémons  and zigzag through the beguinage. I get to wave quickly to my cousin on his balcony and we also have a front garden chat with Kabouter's classmate and her mom. 




We play Coronials before lunch. 


After lunch a classmate from Kabouter came over to  play...the boys managed to turn over every box of toys we have. Fortunately they also cleaned up. I hid a bit at my puzzle.  And then I got so pissed off over my bangs that I gave myself another haircut and I was quite pleased with the result.   Not quite a hairdresser's look (which would be risky, I wouldn't want to be accused of breaking the rules ;)) but such a relief to have decent bangs again. 





In the evening the children constructed some Lego Technics that made a cool shadow play. 


Just before bedtime we got surprised by fresh snow in Leuven (and apparently 15 cms of them in the Ardennes). Ha that'll teach me for staying at home. 



Sunday

More lego and some Dikkie Dik on tv. 




In the afternoon I could drive Kabouter to a birthday party and then we took off with my friend Yab for a long walk through Heverlee along Arenberg castle and Heverlee woods. 






Once we were all back at home I gathered my last bit of energy to finally take down the Christmas tree. A chore I dread each year and which I seem to start each year later and later.  It's so sad to create a boring void in the living room again and take away some of the cosiness (some...I leave some lights until the days are clearer) but... it starts to feel silly to still have the christmas tree on.  With Jan's help we sorted everything quite efficiently and then I could spend Sunday evening in front of tv and laptop just as I prefer it. 







Comments

Els said…
Oh Dikkie Dik, brings back memories :)
Anne said…
Ik heb maandag of zo mijn froufrou ook geknipt. Hing echt in mijn ogen, en da's de grens. Want dan krijg ik hoofdpijn.
Leen said…
Dat doet me eraan denken dat ik dringend mijn kerstlichtjes&kaartjes moet weghalen... Ik ben ze al een paar weken keihard aan het negeren, maar 't is nu toch wel echt tijd!
Ik knipte vroeger ook zelf mijn frou (nu heb ik er al lang geen meer), ik ging maar twee keer per jaar of zo naar de kapper dus ik moest wel. Op den duur wordt ge daar ne pro in en hing het zelfs beter dan wanneer de kapper het deed, want ge weet zelf als geen ander hoe uw haar valt.

Popular Posts