Count your blessings - January 2021

  1. Starting the new year with loads of fresh snow. Yihaa
  2. Finding the album "The concert in Central Park (live) by Simon & Garfunkel online and reliving almost all my childhood Sunday noons where we were playing this LP.  Ha, not a single other recording by them has the same vibe & energy. Now I can participate in each cheer and applause of the concert that I know so much by heart( And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, Jesus loves you more than you will know. Whoa, whoa, whoa!!)
  3. A few hours without meetings at work and finding the perfect playlist to boost your mood and rhythm to get going on some tasks.  Listening to that music (or other fun playlist) with the sound at max while working and shaking without restrictions at my seat
  4. Having online conversations with people who think alike...sometimes that's such a breeze of fresh air with all those shitty opinions around
  5. More fresh snow! 
  6. Observing a robin and some blue tit's feeding in our birdhouse 
  7. Observing snow falling on days I don't need to be on the road.   (important conditional restriction!!)
  8. Puzzling
  9. Sunshine and blue skies
  10. Colleagues that agree upon having walking meetings
  11. Chips
  12. Joe Biden inaugurated as President of the USA and the images of Trump leaving the White House
  13. Lazy mornings
  14. Finishing a book
  15. Giggling with the children in front of "Grizzy and the Lemmings"
  16. A big cup of hot pea soup when you're feeling cold


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link 

Comments

Anne said…
Hier ook zeer vertrouwd met dat album van Simon&Garfunkel. Sommige van die live versies vind ik nog altijd beter dan de originele opnames.

Popular Posts