The clean-up weekend

 I swear I intended to do nothing. Besides some walking (fresh air and movement is always important!) , I was going to spend hours in the sofa, with a book and my laptop. 


When I came back from a walk with Kabouter, Jan had started cleaning up our wood shack in the garden.  The shack that had stuff there since we bought the property 10,5 years ago. Old beams, empty paint containers that had dropped behind and had not been brought to the recycling park yet,  fence wire from the previous owners, ...He had gone to buy a decent saw and started the chore to cut all the wood. 

Goodbye to the squirrel, one of the decorations that decorated our garden when we purchased the property 11 years ago




After my runs to the recycling park , we all worked together including the 2 little ones to make a nice pile in the shack of the cut pieces of wood.   




Also the next day there was more clean-up to do. There was still a Christmas tree to be taken down. While in the german speaking area there is a lot more attention to Christmas (and Christmas markets, Christmas stables, ...) it seemed very appropriate to me to leave it up in February with the deep frost temperatures andd snow outside.  But I guess now it was time to really take it down even if it made Kabouter and me a bit sad.













Comments

Anne said…
IJverige mensjes :-)
Goofball said…
@Anne: zo ijverig dat als we eens iets doen, het belangrijk genoeg is om er over te bloggen

Popular Posts