10 Observations and random thoughts or points

I observed
  1. Beertje's face turning pale with wide eyes and a tight expression, after Jan raises his voice against him after he ignored us a few dozen times just before. Now the message came across, and I can see he avoids our eyes.  I see him grasping deeper breath, staring blankly while his lips tremble slightly.  Still avoiding our looks, his widespread eyes become humid and one lonely tear falls down. 
  2. A mommy and daddy bird flying on and off with worms to a nest they must have built in our roof gutter.  Jan who is live commenting and pretending to do their voices and conversations (with a local dialect accent) and the children just cracking up in unstoppable laughter. More daddy, do some more. 
  3. A sleeping cat twitching its mouth, clearly amidst a cat dream  (oh what would be a cat dream?)
  4. Left behind socks that seem to appear on any place in our house.  Oh gosh, I'm afraid what that'll be in the boy's puberty? 
  5. A growing pile of books to read next to my bed...and that makes me happy.

Thoughts or random points
  1. A few months ago I was on the road with Beertje when we got into a big hail storm and we noticed a car up the ramp side along the highway.  Another car had stopped. Nevertheless I phone the emergency services since I doubt that car will be able to leave the ramp on its own safely. 
    An hour later I notice I have a voicemail from a missed call.  Much to my surprice it's the local police proclaiming  that they were on site and couldn't  find the accident, if I could specify more. I felt really weird as if I had made a mistake.  I phone back 112 though explaining the situation but I was received with very nice officers. They just wanted to check but definately wasn't blaimed with a prank call. In the mean time, I passed the location of accident in the opposite direction and could indeed confirm, as was to be expected, that there were no more cars on the side. 
  2. In a similar context I received on a Saturday this winter a phone call from the local police service in my mom's home town.  "don't worry, there is no emergency" was stated immediately as indeed my brain was moving into panic mood when realising the police of my mom's town phoned me.  Turns out they had found my mom's lost ID card (I was aware it was lost) and didn't find quickly her phone number while their systems quicker linked to the Leuven police force who has my cell phone registered. Euhm....ok, great? 
  3. Being a team manager is dealing with a lot of (tiny) crises: from colleagues whose wifi connection dropped up to colleagues cracking into a burn-out.  It is constantly being disturbed with chat messages or phone calls that overturn your planning at any moment.  It is motherhood squared in a way. If I would have to make a realistic planning, only 1/3rd should be for meetings, 1/3rd for projects or intended work and 1/3rd left blank to deal with the crisis of the day.   Unfortunately my planning doesn't work that way (and hence is never realised).
  4. Rodin is a very social cat as we had wished. Maine Coons are known to be social.   He follows us around in the house and tends to spend most of his time in a room we are as well.
    But he's a cat born in a pandemic because somehow he applies social distancing well. A bit too much to our disappointment: he'll sleep in the sofa of pillow next to you but will never join you on your lap or same sofa. 
  5. Just when bragging to my mother in a skype conversation that Beertje hasn't wet his bed anymore in months, that night "Mommyyyyy I peed in my bed" was proclaimed in the baby phone. Ugh. 

Comments

Popular Posts