Count your blessings - December 2021

  • A boy in quarantine at home at the moment we're working from home full time again anyhow...fortunately no organizational stress
  • A boy being able to return to school for a last week and seeing the number of classmates returning rising again so they were almost complete before the end of the year
  • Walking in the city with my son's little hand in mine, listening to his chatter. 
  • My Far Side scraped daily feed, my daily smile
  • Crawling all together in the bed in the morning to snooze with the 4 of us...4 bodies close to each other for a few minutes. 
  • My booster being planned sooner than anticipated
  • Hopping through the street hand in hand with my youngest
  • Christmas trees and lights everywhere in the house
  • 10 days of vacation
  • Watching a funny movie in the morning with the entire family in pyjama's
  • Observing both brothers playing calmly with their new Lego
  • Christmas with family again
  • The city beautifully decorated for the holidays
  • Searching books in the library
  • Checking in in an B&B and getting a tiny holiday feeling
  • Good conversations with my manager
  • BBS Prime tv...excellent winter tv
  • Boys running around excitedly in soft new onesies
  • Cooking fresh soup
  • 2 boys with a fresh haircut
  • Quite some negative self-tests
  • A basement that looks steadily emptier
  • A call to meet some far relatives in Canada digitally for the first time
  • Brainstorming on our #wedraaiendoor music series here on the blog


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts