We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Rob De Nijs - Dag Zuster Ursula

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 

Anne's choice last Saturday puzzled me for a moment.  What a rupture is style and atmosphere. I didn't get the link immediately but when I did, I had to laugh out loud.  So funny.  That's the fun of this series, you can end up in any direction. It is full of surprises. 

In order to follow-up I hesitated to more Dutch older classics 

  • Rob De Nijs - Dag Zuster Ursula
  • Herman van Veen - Hilversum 3

Or a French classic that somehow also popped in my head

  • Hugues Aufray - Adieu monsieur le professeur


I listened to all 3 songs multiple times and although I enjoy Adieu monsieur le professeur a lot, the song was dragging and slow compared to Boudewijn de Groot. 
I read a bit about Mr Prikkebeen and learned that it's based on a comic strip in which Zuster Ursula is also a character.  So there you go, Rob De Nijs it is. 




Comments

Popular Posts