Count your blessings - February 2022

  • Migrating cranes flying by
  • Resting when ill.  Effectively spending time on the sofa with no more than some brainless day-time tv.  Reflecting that Covid maybe entered the house at the right moment after a very stressful couple of weeks at work.... A moment that I would not have slowed down without illness. But hey, my company kept turning without me and I had to slow down and surrender. That might have been positive
  • Reading a book in one week
  • Observing the cat grass seeds sprout, root, grow to a lush little container full of grass . Nature is cool to observe
  • Sting's new single Por su Amor...worth to put on repeat a few times
  • Many other parents and neighbours offering help when they were aware we had 2 adults down with covid at home.  
  • The capacity to breathe again after some nose spray
  • Hugging the children again after keeping some distance for 10 days
  • Living in a country where I had 3 vaccinations free available for me in the previous year, where there is testing capacity etc so that in the end, catching Covid wasn't a big deal for me.
  • A field full of crocusses
  • Communicating with GIF's...always fun
  • A management meeting with 60% of participants (by coincidence) present at the office and ony 40% digitally...for the first time since early October, dating back from before wave 4 and wave 5 of the pandemic.  
  • Walking downtown when the city's carillon was getting played and the songs of the bells flew across the square
  • Searching new books in the library
  • Fresh tulips at home
  • Visiting C-mine with my brother-in-law
  • Planning vacation
  • A friend coming over for a quick lunch
  • Another sushi dinner with Yab, for the first time since wave 4 and 5 of Covid
  • Children dressed up for carnaval
  • Drinking a Rodenbach after visiting the market with an ex-neighbour
  • Observing the cat racing behind a toy mouse
  • A great sunny walk in the woods with the children

This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts