Count your blessings - March 2023

  1. Seeing the bottom of the mailbox again after several days upon returning from vacation time
  2. Pulling up at work with RATM - Killing in the name off loudly on the radio and staying in the car on the parking lot until the end while loudly singing and drumming along. 
  3.  A walk in the snow towards school with the boys and taking a deliberate detour around the Abbey home
  4. Playing the full album "Concert in the park" from Simon & Garfunkel while working from home alone, allowing me to sing along.
  5. Vases full of fresh tulips to invite Spring into the house
  6. Giggling silently, a full hour of yoga over my banana socks
  7. Cracking up over a silly picture where I photobombed a colleague's picture with a funny grin
  8. The first spring sun with clear warmth
  9. Strolling with colleagues through the city centre of Utrecht
  10. Going to a party and dance
  11. Going out for lunch or dinner with friends (a couple of times)
  12. Beertje who takes spontaneously my hand during a walk. 
  13. A flock of geese flying by
  14. A teacher of the afterschool care coming to me because they wanted to tell me how nice my children were, polite and helpful.  
  15. My Canadian friend Jennifer, coming on vacation to Benelux and spending a day with us in Leuven. 
  16. A chair massage at work
  17. Blossoming trees

This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  

As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts