Count your blessings - April 2023

  • Teachers complimenting me again that my children are well-behaved and polite. 
  • A week vacation
  • After 13 years in the east of Belgium, still discovering gorgeous new trails
  • The first drinks outside on a terrace in the sun
  • Walking hand in hand with Beertje along the street
  • The boys with a fresh haircut
  • The boys crawling with me in bed in the morning for a short morning cuddle
  • Watching the Masked Singer in pyjama with the boys and a cup of coffee each Saturday Morning
  • Sharing frustrations with colleagues
  • sharing other frustrations with my sister
  • Deciding not to go to friends in a weekend because you need quiet time and sleep.  
  • Doing a guided nature walk o the little non-mawned grass field next to the office parking lot
  • Driving on my own with good music and singing along loudly
  • Vases of tulips at home
  • A friend driving over to Leuven to join me on a city walk on a cold grey day
  • The new series Beyond Paradise on BBC First.  Already a fan. 
  • Walking in the city centre during a carillon concert 
  • Reading a book in the sun in the playground while the boys are playing



This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  

As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Josie said…
Eerste terrasje is zo zalig! We hebben er lang op moeten wachten ook.

Popular Posts