Count your blessings - December 2023

  1. Returning to yoga after almost 6th months of absence, thanks to my shoulder that now finally has improved well
  2. My physiotherapists telling me that my right shoulder that has troubled me for the majority of the year is getting back to the same level of strength as my left shoulder and that he didn't need to see me anymore. 
  3. Finishing a book that was dragging (sometimes it's a relief to finish one)
  4. Getting all of a sudden back in the mood for multiple Netflix series
  5. Spending a free day with a friend in Ghent and catching up together
  6. Drinking too much in the company of good friends
  7. Hanging out at the Christmas market with our American Dutch friends and then at the abbey again together a week after. 
  8. A Christmas drink at the children's school that was quite cosy
  9. Helping out at Duwmee and getting a fantastic result
  10. Me managing to bake a pile of crêpes on my own for the first time and feeling like a boss in the kitchen. 
  11. Driving up for a night to the east of Belgium to spend one hour in the snow
  12. My friend coming over to walk with me at Duwmee.
  13. Staying overnight at a hotel 
  14. Calmer times at work
  15. Ordering ramen dinner at home
  16. Noticing that I stay calmer at changes at work than I would have done in the previous years. Proud of my evolution
  17. My team being ambassadors for our own team, resulting in internal candidates for a vacancy.   Quite an evolution they have made too
  18. Rodin being more and more social
  19. Secret Santa
  20. Returning to the east of Belgium for a full week
  21. Binge watching Death in Paradise episodes
  22. Booking vacations for 2024 and dreaming away about the destinations
  23. Jan making an excellent turkey dinner
  24. Kabouter teaching Beertje patiently the chess ground rules

This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  

As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts