A first introduction to skiing at indoor Snow World

Our children have never experienced skiing before, and we were wondering how they would respond to the sentiment of sliding on ski's.  So we booked rather impulsively in our Christmas vacation, an hour's lesson in Snow World in Landgraaf, NL.   Since I haven't skied in a decade either, and I've never been a big ski-fan, I was ridiculously nervous myself.  It didn't make sense at all, since I wasn't obliged to do anything. 

We squeezed in for a spot in the busy locker rooms, try to get our rental material and got ready for an hour of snow fun.  I thought my 2 little goofballs were too adorable. 


While Jan was lining up with them for their debutant class, I already moved in to go and explore the baby slope at my own ease.  



After digging up the previously memorised balances , I curved down a few times with a big piece of pizza and then risked myself to the higher slope which went reasonably well.  If that stupid snowboarded had not run me over, I would have filled my owner with a few descends without issues.  It was so busy that you couldn't do much runs in an hour anyway. 


While the children seemed to first spend almost half of the time in getting their ski's on and stepping around a bit, they did do some sliding down at the end and were so cute at it...and they liked it, which is the most important thing. 




Comments

Popular Posts