Our lockdown vacation

 Jan was travelling in the US during the children's spring vacation break. I had planned some days off so we could hang out in the east of Belgium together and to get some variation I had in mind to spend a day in the Brussels museums and then the boys could do 2 days of camp to also spend some time with other children and energetic youth leaders. 

But with my brace I cannot drive anywhere, so we ended up having a sort of lockdown vacation in our house.  After my first despair, I managed to find at least one activity outdoors but within the walking range that I manage. 


So we enjoyed the start of the season 13 of Death in Paradise. 


We played a great amount of games, preferably in our pyjama








The boys got a lot more chores in the household to help me around (and to keep them busy)




And the boys had to give some good use to their toys. 







But I also sent them to some extra judo lessons , to scouts, my mom came to visit and we went to see a movie and went to a game café with some friends.   



In the end it was quite relax with a good balance of chilling at home and getting out the door for a little bit of social contact each day.   I think the rest did me well to catch up some energy after the tough weeks before and the children say they enjoyed their vacation. 

Comments

Kris10 said…
Het was dan wel 'van moetes', het zag er een fijne vakantie uit.
Goofball said…
@Kris10: ja achteraf gezien was het prima. Net zoals we met kerst in feite bewust thuis wat cocoonen en het rustig aan doen was dat nu ook zo en het was best fijn. Maar eerst had ik wat paniek, want ik had allerlei andere activiteiten in mijn hoofd en die moest ik allemaal schrappen. En dan voel je je ook weer irrationeel schuldig en bezorgd of het dan "door jouw schuld" niet te saai wordt voor de jongens enz.

En de 2 dagen waar ik dan eerst opgelucht voor was: de 2 kampdagen bij Sporty, was dan bron van paniek, want hoe raakten ze op bestemming. Heb ik weer moeten rondbellen voor taxi-hulp maar alles is dus helemaal goed gekomen.

Anne said…
Toch vooral contente totjes bij de jongens.
En Rodin vond het precies ook plezant :-)
Goofball said…
@anne: ja het was best een goeie mix, met 1 dichtbij uitje in Leuven elke namiddag en voor de rest veel relax thuis zijn.

Popular Posts