We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Eric Carmen - All by myself

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

 

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 

Thank goodness we have left the road of big drama and suicide in our series. Well actually not yet the road of big drama.  Drama this time in the association of "pathos",  "lots of emotions and body language" but nothing more dramatic than that either.

Anne chose "Without you" by Harry Nilsson and I pictured Bridget Jones wallowing in self-pity in her attic room.  But Without You is indeed a Bridget Jones song, but from a pretty nasty karaoke scene.  The one I envisioned in my brain is Eric Carmen with "All by myself". 

 

That link was just too good to let go. No need to search further.  We only needed to crank up the self-pity a bit more (believe me...there was plenty of self-pity available because I was/am stuck immobile at home with a knee injury and an excess of fatigue) , add a lot of melodramatic arm movements, and turn up the volume


Alllll by my-seeeeelllffff . 







Comments

Popular Posts