A Father's Day walk between Gueuzaine and Bruyères

As posted before, June 9th was a day well filled where I crossed most of the country. Nevertheless, we managed to spend a cosy enjoyable morning together.  After breakfast and presenting our Father day's gifts, Jan proposed to do a Sunday morning walk together and since it is Father's Day he calls the shots. He chose a little itinerary we had not done in a long time...it's nearby and I adore it but it passes a very swampy area where I once got stuck in the mud so I only dare to go there after a long period of dry weather. Well, early June was a lovely weekend but it had not exactly been dry before.  The boys had not even put waterproof shoes on but those they were everyday to school.

But Jan was optimistic and I bit my tongue and off we went.






At the worst part there seemed to be renewed wooden trails which made the mud doable.  Except that I was the only one of course to take a wrong step and sink nicely deep in the mud. At least I was the one wearing shoes that were up to the challenge so all was fine. 




We found several toads and identified birds by their sound with an app and searched for nice field flowers. 






Dad and his 2 sons





Lac de Robertville


With a stop and lunch at the lakeside bar , we just had the perfect Sunday morning and all the energy for the rest of our busy schedule that day. 

Comments

Popular Posts