Tour de la Warche, extended version

The first weekend of June was finally a simply gorgeous sunny dry weekend to enjoy. And we got to spend it in the east of Belgium partially.  I indulged chilling, we hang out in the garden, were reading books but as always by the end of the afternoon I felt the need to get movement and go for a walk.

The boys had been bored and annoyed with each other all day so I made joining me on my walk mandatory.  They did not like it but as always, once we were out, they stopped being bored and started enjoying themselves. Quickly we were hot enough to take off our sweaters and walk in T-shirt for the first time this year. Bliss! 

Because I forced them on the walk, they got to choose which walk and as a result we started doing the nearby and short Tour de la Warche.  I convinced them to extend it a bit and we had a lovely time out. We spotted and inspected bugs, worms, waved to cows taking a bath and a family of geese that didn't dare to swim by as long as we were on the bridge. 
















The old railroad bridge that was a tactical / strategic point in both world wars. 


Back in the village we see two small horses galopping through the street, some cars behind it in full breaks and a girl running behind them.  A little further there was a younger girl holding 3 more horses and trying to control one last non-leashed foal.  We offered some help and a minute later I was holding the horses, Beertje petting the foal while Kabouter had to fetch Jan for more help and the girl was running behind her sister and the escaped horses.  I felt a little desperate, realizing I could not stop the horses if they decided to escape too but fortunately everyone showed up again very quickly including the lose horses.  



 

Comments

Popular Posts