Sightseeing in Copenhagen

During our work trip to Denmark we also had a few hours in the evening and a few hours at noon free sightseeing time in Copenhagen.

Since I had already been in Copenhagen before during a fun citytrip with Jan and a little Kabouter while early pregnant with Beertje (see here, here, here , here and here), I could quickly orientate me at our arrival and I was able to guide my colleagues at their requests to the infamous freetown Christiana and Christianshavn before our group dinner. 

The weather was gorgeous and I seemed to enjoy the waterside more than I had done the first time for as far as I remembered. Probably my first meeting with Copenhagen, even though great, had been tempered a little by my pregnancy induced fatigue and also the constant comparison to Stockholm which we had just visited a few months before.  Even though Copenhagen isn't a collection of islands as Stockholm is and there is "only 1 main big stream of water" in the city center....it is a hell of great one! Much more than I remembered. It was much to my joy that I noticed that our scheduled dinner was at the water side so we could enjoy the sunset next to the water.










The next afternoon I could kill 2 more hours and I decided to walk up and down between the 2 major touristic hotspots in Copenhagen. I started in Nyhavn that was buzzing in the sun with tourists soaking in this Indian Summer (and admiring and taking lots of pictures of some half nude dude renovating his ship, pretending not noticing all the attention).

After a short stroll in the inner courtyard of Chartlottenborg and the weird arty egg outside, I headed to the royal quarter. The royal palace at Amalienborg seemed as dead and sleepy as the previous time but I'd learn just shortly after that the Queen had another appointment and wasn't home.










After a short visit to Denmarks greatest tourist trap, I enjoyed the sun during my walk back along the water. A fabulous walk. 












Comments

ElsS said…
Picture of the tourist trap without other tourists ;-)
I'd love to visit Copenhagen some time in the future.
Goofball said…
@Elss: dat is een kwestie van voldoende voorsteken op de rotsjes aan dat strandje

Popular Posts