My fitbit in 2022
At the start of a new year, I always love to look back at my Fitbit scores of the previous year. I've been wearing a fitbit for a couple of years now so it's even more fun to see trends:
Steps:
It's weird that 2020, the year we were in lockdowns and everyone started walking is the only year in 4 years that I didn't average above 10000 steps. Last year I returned above 10000 steps with 10132 steps on average which was my best year. In 2019 I had 10107 steps on average. ...and now I beat all of that with my 4 year all best result of 10442 steps on average.
I achieved this with 8 months averaging above 10000 steps , compared to 7 months previous year. Traditionally the start of the year and July seems to be a difficult moment. In July I know it's always been either too hot or too wet and the fact that we don't have to walk the children to school or hobbies anymore has a great effect too.
I can always also spot vacation months: March, April, August, November always boost the average. With my parental leave this year, I have had more time off than all previous years, so that must have been a good contributor to my average.
I achieved this with 8 months averaging above 10000 steps , compared to 7 months previous year. Traditionally the start of the year and July seems to be a difficult moment. In July I know it's always been either too hot or too wet and the fact that we don't have to walk the children to school or hobbies anymore has a great effect too.
I can always also spot vacation months: March, April, August, November always boost the average. With my parental leave this year, I have had more time off than all previous years, so that must have been a good contributor to my average.
Distance
The extra steps didn't increase my average distance: it was still a nice 7 km per day as it was previously.
Sleep
When it comes to sleep, I am also increasing year by year. I've even reached the magic 8h average per day (and also in half of the months). This is 7 additional minutes per day versus last year and 21 and 22 minutes per day versus the years before. You can spot the vacation months again.
I must admit that I've been less tired than some of the earlier years and I've become very disciplined: I sleep between 22 and 22h30 each day with hardly exceptions. And exceptions can be earlier or a bit later. But I truly struggle with social activities that are too late in the evening and the next day I am such a zombie. I've come at the age I even doubt that's worth it anymore.
I must admit that I've been less tired than some of the earlier years and I've become very disciplined: I sleep between 22 and 22h30 each day with hardly exceptions. And exceptions can be earlier or a bit later. But I truly struggle with social activities that are too late in the evening and the next day I am such a zombie. I've come at the age I even doubt that's worth it anymore.
Heart rate at rest
And then there's the mysterious heart rate in rest again. 66 as the year before but with higher peaks. The highest was when I was ill early October. And the lowest is once again in September when coming home after the vacation period in August.
I've learned already that it's always higher in vacation periods: more drinking and late night eating, sometimes less sleep (hotels etc) and vacation transport stress.
I've learned already that it's always higher in vacation periods: more drinking and late night eating, sometimes less sleep (hotels etc) and vacation transport stress.
Active minutes
Last year I got a new type of Fitbit and for the first time it's calculating my active minutes where my heart is beating at a higher active level...I don't reach the recommended level of 20 active minutes per day. I'm not surprised: I know I am moving frequently, but I don't work out at all. My physical stamina is nonexistent.
Btw, I've noticed something funny: being emotionally upset and having a good cry also delivers me multiple active minutes.
Btw, I've noticed something funny: being emotionally upset and having a good cry also delivers me multiple active minutes.
So what's up for 2023?? More of the same, probably.





Comments