Belpop Bonanza

I like to think I am immune to FB ads but the 30CC add at the end of 2023 has triggered me.  When I saw that a Belpop Bonanza show was getting scheduled I figured it would make a good holiday present.  Isn't it always hard to buy a gift for adults who seem to have everything?  Well buying them an experience seems better sometimes.

I contacted a friend to check agenda's in secret and Jan got a Belpop Bonanza ticket as Christmas present and so did Beertje's godfather.  

At the end of February on a Sunday afternoon, we gathered at the theatre in the city centre of Leuven ready to learn all about the Belgian influence in world music.  The show is brought by a music journalist and a local DJ that are touring already for over 10 years with theatre shows on Belgian music, that have made very entertaining tv documentaries and that have a weekly radio show.   So I was really looking forward to seeing them live once... And you know I love Belgium music

I was happy to have a spot near the isle so I could stretch my leg a little in its brace. 




With a lot of self relativisation we learned that Belgium only delivered 5 world hits in all history...all of them have been featured relatively early in my old "Made in Belgium" series here:  
Those were covered in just a few minutes but the rest of the show we learned in an entertaining high rhythm accompagnied of course with all the right music, all the details connections and coincidences how train engineers made some goofy software program that in the end changed the default music beats per rhythm for good to the import of juke boxes in Antwerp influenced in the end the forming of the Beatles etc etc.   So many details and facts that lead from one point to another as only Jan Delvaux's encyclopedic music knowledge can bring.  

Pretty fun afternoon with good friends that also love Belpop.   Good FB ad to follow-up on.  We should do these kind of things more often. 

Comments

Kris10 said…
Wat aan topidee. Moet je inderdaad vaker doen :p
Goofball said…
Kris10: ik heb aan jou gedacht toen ik boekte.

Popular Posts