Walk the heights of the Warchenne

I had had it with the rain and cold in May.  We had either been in the east of Belgium in the rain or we had skipped going altogether since it didn't make sense to drive there to read a book in the sofa. 

The last weekend of May I just needed to go for a walk.  Jan was gone for the weekend and I watched the weather forcasts in desperation. The horrendous forecast turned out not so bad, when we went to visit Grandma on Saturday.  So I decided to do something which I never ever do otherwise: drive up and down for one afternoon to the east of Belgium to profit for a dry time slot of a couple of hours and go for a walk. 

Not sure if the children shared my enthusiasm, but off we went in the car, driving to the east and then off for a 2h walk to redo a walk we had done in full Covid lockdown periods.  Once on the road, they seemed to enjoy it as much as I did.  I think the east of Belgium was much more overcast than Leuven was, so we were still under a grey heavy sky but at least it was outside and we were in nature and we were moving. and I loved it so much. And I loved trailing behind both boys to observe their imagination games, conversations, bug searching etc.  

We walked in the valley curved by the Warchenne between Waimes and Libomont, passed prairies, climbed a wooded hill and walked partially along the RAVel that follows the Warchenne.  It was some hours well-spent as it felt good to be back (and not just huddle inside against the rain).  I guess it was also the first decent walk for my knee in a long time. 













The Warchenne





I let the boys hunt some Pokémons when the walk started to become a bit long and we tried to play with our buddy and pose with it. 




Comments

Popular Posts