Street art in Leuven (8)

The week after I last posted about street art in Leuven, I learned that new art had just been created in our "backyard", being in the nature around the Park Abbey.  The bridge near the entry lane of the abbey had a beautiful "nature" make-over a couple of years ago thanks to the "Kom op voor je wijk" initiative in Leuven. 

Now the railroad pedestrian/bike tunnel on the other side of the domain had a "nature" make-over too thanks to the neighbourhood behind this railroad, who uses this connection very often.  They participated in the design that shows once again animals that live in the nearby nature of the abbey fields and ponds and they could also participate in the creation and paint job together with the artists coordinated by Treepack.  The result is very fun to go and look and search for the many different animals on all sides of this tunnel/bridge/bike connection. 

















Another recent initiative is a paintjob on the glass containers to incite people to stop thrashing garbage around.   I have no clue if painting the containers will have such an effect at all...I assume people throwing out illicite waste will not be influenced easily by a cute image.  But the containers are sure a lot more fun right now. 





Last time I wrote about the trend of all schools seeming to add street art to their walls. Well, when walking by the VTI in Leuven, I spotted this. 




Another recent new addition in Leuven in the Brusselsestraat by Suarezmurals and eres_125.  Unfortunately I see that publicity has been added since I spotted the first images of this new mural on Instagram. Bummer. 


And nowadays even construction sites can be colourful and fun... I even spotted a new BISSER which is always exciting.  Fun that he continues his presence in the city also with non-commissioned temporary art. 








Here's my 8th post on street art in Leuven.  Version 7Version 6Version 5Version 4version 3 en version 2 and version 1 can be found in my archives. 

Comments

josie said…
Mooi! Ik ben fan
Goofball said…
@Josie: leuk eh. Vooral omdat die natuurschilderingen ook samen met de buurt uitgewerkt zijn.

Popular Posts